By uniting individual efforts, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority has built a strong, cohesive organization that positively impacts the lives of families and communities. The Sorority’s success is based on the depth of commitment, vision and confidence of its members.
Alpha Kappa Alpha seeks women who will promote, uphold, and extend its policies and programs. In return, the Sorority is a conduit through which individuals can grow and develop, personally and professionally, while simultaneously providing “Service to All Mankind.”
Membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority is generally classified as undergraduate or graduate. In both classifications:
- Prospective members must have high ethical and moral standards;
- Membership can only be obtained by completing the Sorority’s official Membership Intake Process (MIP);
- Interested candidates should not participate in demeaning, degrading or unkind acts. Should members of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority ask you to perform tasks or participate in activities other than those outlined in our MIP, they are in violation of the Sorority’s policies and practices and do not represent the values of the organization. This behavior will not be tolerated.
Membership is by invitation ONLY. Membership in Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority will not be extended to:
- An individual who knowingly participates in activities outside of the official Membership Intake Process;
- An individual who knowingly participates in activities which are demeaning, degrading or demoralizing;
- An individual who knowingly submits falsified documents or credentials.
For more information please visit: www.aka1908.com.